SuperS

Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, February 11, 2008

THING 7!!!

Alright, thing 7, my nemesis. I do not really like e-mail. Tooooo much comes...toooo little time. I already use all the stuff but address book on my work email. I have two other emails that I use for personal notes. I have a brother-in-law that loves email. Email could take up way too much time so I ignore most of it, and delete a lot of the rest of it. I don't write letters either.
Instant messaging is interesting. I set up an account and put in addresses and opened it once again but never checked. It let me know when I had an email message which was OK, but nothing important when I finally got around to checking it. I think if I had internet at home I might be more into this, but... The movie was really good and if I was more knowledgeable and had more time and patience I would probably try something. I do feel it is important. I do know that people use IM, in fact I have a friend that said GOOD when I asked her if I could add her address, but again I am not online at home.
Text messaging. Again a problem for the library. You need a cell phone. I own one for emergency use when I am in my car. I do not use it. I need a class on SMS. I have heard of a possibility of one in town .... have it at the library????!!!!!!!!
Web Conferencing. There is nothing happening NOW in OPAL or MINITEX. I have been to a few at ALS and from this computer. There are two being offered this week according to email. Time is an issue.
I guess Thing 7 is a place where I have some knowledge and not enough time to learn more. In many ways I would like to know more about IM and text messaging but time and availability of tools are very limiting. I did learn something though and I did keep my IM account. On to Thing 8. PS. I am feeling blue.

No comments: